Wednesday 18 April 2012

West Meon Literary Festival



Books, cakes, readers - what more can a girl ask for?
The West Meon Festival is a small, informal celebration of literature in the rural community and a chance to share the enjoyment of village amenities with an interested audience from across the region.
I’m delighted to be taking 'The Coward’s Tale' to the popular West Meon WI tea on Saturday 7th July! Yay!  I am hoping the ladies will make Welsh cakes, bara brith - oh all sorts. Here is the programme for the day. Check out the two other days to see what other writers are appearing - including a visit from Tania Tershman - and yes! A flash fiction workshop!
This festival is in its third year - and is the brainchild of local indie bookshop One Tree Books, who were 2011 Bookseller of the Year. Must say I don’t know what I am looking forward to more - the WI tea, or mooching round this bookshop...or maybe both.

4 comments:

  1. ooh could I have a few of those cakes for afternoon tea at our local bookshop too please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing idea, I say. All lit fests should have cake! I am privileged to be the chosen cake-author!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy looking buns. Mmmm.

    Ms Tershman must be Ms Hershman's doppelganger, eh?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, must learn to type better!

    ReplyDelete